Imagine entering your office every day and saying, "It feels great in here!" Wouldn't it be wonderful to feel inspired and ready to tackle whatever is on your plate for the day?
As the economy continues to limp along, it's more important than ever for your office to keep you feeling enthusiastic, energized and productive.
Feng Shui can help you create a workspace that supports the important work you do, making your office a place where success happens. Here are six practical Feng Shui tips for creating a workspace that supports you so much that you actually enjoy being there.
Where Is Your Office?
The office is super-important in Feng Shui because of its role in creating and maintaining your financial well-being, and thereby your family's health and welfare. Everything from the position of your desk to the artwork and color on the walls plays a role.
Your office is anyplace where business or professional activities take place. This includes everything from your home office to your workspace in a corporation. Even the spot in your home where you "only" pay the bills is considered an office because of its stake in your family's financial health.
If you're on the road a lot, the space you use to conduct business - a hotel room, for instance - is your office. In every case it's within your power to control and enhance your office space.
Let's look at the Six Feng Shui factors that matter most to a wealthy, healthy office:
1. A clutter-free space. A clutter-free office welcomes in positive "chi" energy, bringing good financial health along with it. Whatever it takes, in small doses or large, create an office where it's easy to move around, work, think, and be creative. You'll pay yourself dividends when you do.
2. The Command position. The importance of the Command Position cannot be overstated: taking control of your space will put you in control of your success. Position your desk to face the door, but not directly across from it to give yourself the widest possible view. If this isn't possible use a mirror to reflect the doorway behind you.
3. Balance Yin and Yang. Offices need a greater proportion of Yang (masculine) energy, and less of Yin (feminine). Create an atmosphere of calm productivity by making sure your lighting is good, that you can wake yourself up with a music player of some kind, and that the colors are lively (but not jarring). At the same time, comfortable Yin energy helps you relax and work happily for long stretches.
4. Apply the bagua to your workspace or desk. The bagua is an energy map of your space that help you create great flow in your space. Using the bagua map gives you an opportunity to focus on and enhance your reputation, your important business relationships, your income and so much more. Feel free to email me if you have questions about the bagua in your office, or would like to receive a copy of one.
5. Identify the business you're in. Whether you're in a "cube," a corner office or at a desk at home, identifying the reason for working in your office inspires and motivates you and reminds you of why you go to the trouble of making a living! Put up a big sign with your logo, post your mission statement, hang pictures of successes you've had. It's a small but powerful engine that will keep you going.
6. Balance the elements. "Five Elements balance" is important in Feng Shui for making sure you feel inspired yet grounded, focused yet flexible. Balance is easy and beautiful to create: a strong vigorous plant for Wood; good lighting, awards, photos for Fire; square shapes or earth-colored elements for Earth; round shapes, metal picture frames for Metal; and black elements (like a black file cabinet) or irregular shapes for Water.
Your office needs to support you in ways both visible and invisible. Thinking consciously about it, and taking some time to implement these Six Feng Shui Steps, will pay off in ways that benefit you and everyone in your financial circle.
Autor: Ann Bingley Gallops Ann Bingley Gallops
Level: Basic PLUS
Now more than ever, you need to live and work in an environment that works for you, not against you. Open Spaces Feng Shui offers ... ...
Did you know that good Feng Shui can attract the comfort, balance and energy you need to be truly productive and successful?
I invite you to subscribe to my free monthly newsletter to get great Feng Shui tips that attract success into your life.
NYC Feng Shui consultant Ann Bingley Gallops offers in-depth Feng Shui consultations as well as inspiring seminars and workshops that transform your life by transforming your space.
Learn more from the free resources available at OpenSpacesFengShui.com and find out about Ann's unique approach to this ancient art: Feng Shui with an MBA!
Added: August 31, 2009