Whether you're single, married or just wanting to spice up your current relationship, using tried and true effective feng shui designs in your bedroom will help make your dreams become a reality. Soon you'll have the energy of the whole universe singing your song, working to make it happen for you.
The southwest corner of your space or bedroom is your love and relationships corner according to the bagua map. Earth is the associated element here and can be activated more by using fire for optimum effect. This will come into lay a little later.
Clear the Space
Effective Feng Shui designs in your room, or any space for that matter start with clearing the clutter. Remove old, broke, unnecessary objects and furniture that's been accumulating so that the chi can flow freely through your space. Any blockages will result in restrictive movements of energy which then become stagnant and negative. A thorough vacuum or mopping will finish the job, clearing your space and subsequently your mind of any problems or worries. It will allow you to prepare for the feng shui mind-set of positive thinking and visualizing your goals that will ultimately help attract that spice into your life.
Make sure you open some windows to let the fresh air come in while you change your bed sheets and pillows, airing them out and ridding them of old stagnant energy and preparing them for new vitalizing chi. Even put on some loud romantic music and help the energy circulate. Remember to remove any and all photos of past relationships, items of sentimental value and letters. Any memories that attach you to the past will keep you there, it's time to move on up.
Decorating for Love
Decorating your bedroom using feng shui designs is easy and a lot of fun. Follow the basic guidelines here to help get yourself in the love zone.
- When choosing colors to decorate with, think pink and sexy. Pink and red are the colors of love to use so buy decorative items for your love display with this in mind. If you decide to paint your walls, red may be too overpowering so softer pink tones will be perfect, even earthly yellow tones.
- Everything needs to be balanced so don't overdo a certain color, or item in your room. There can be too much of a good thing, balance is the key.
- You're trying to attract love into your life, symbolized by a connection between two people. Therefore, everything in your love display area should be paired with another to reflect a two-sided relationship. More or less then two and you're heading for trouble.
- According to love and relationship feng shui designs, earth and fire are good elements to use in your corner. Objects and pictures that resemble these elements should be used here. Wood is harmful to the overall positive effect you're creating here and so you should remove any wood related elements like picture frames.
- Remember the elements of earth and fire are good in your love corner according to feng shui designs. Think of objects and designs that resemble these elements for full effect and remove anything resembling wood or metal as these will harm your efforts.
- Keep the energy alive in this area by frequently updating and changing around your display in the love corner
Here are some great examples of objects that you could use to enhance your southwest love area. Try to mix and match them as best as possible to find which Feng Shui designs and arrangements works best for you.
- Natural quartz crystals or raw amethyst are great for attracting love. Ideally you should hang them on a string above a window in the southwest corner. Light will then be able to shine on the crystal which will reflect your intentions into the room.
- Make sure your love area is well lit at all times, with natural daylight, bright lights or candles. Light the candles every night to increase your chances of attracting love.
- Earth based materials like ceramics and pots or bowls are great for vitalizing love energy. Put artificial silk flowers or peacock feathers in them to maximize their potential.
- Use earth and sun objects and symbols in the area, a globe would be ideal.
- To target love energy in a marriage, use pictures of lovebirds, ducks or statues in twos. A Chinese love knot is another part of Feng Shui designs that is very useful for attracting love chi, use it to further decorate your pictures.
- Remember never to use real live flowers in your bedroom, use artificial peony flowers instead.
- Photos or pieces of art showing happy couples can be put up around the area. Never display pictures of people on their own, lonely, or this is what you'll attract.
There's much much more you can do to enhance your love area but these are some great starting points that will be very effective when used in the right way. You should always remember when you're arranging the Feng Shui designs in your love area to visualize what you hope to achieve by doing this action.
The power of intention is extremely helpful in all aspects of Feng Shui, it's just as important as the action itself. You must be positive and expecting to receive what you desire from the Feng Shui designs and techniques you've put in action. Be grateful and ready to accept the love you've attracted. Get started right now in your relationships area and you'll soon be welcoming all of the wonderful love and romance you can handle!
Autor: Lin Mai
Added: January 15, 2010