Did you know that popular and extremely effective feng shui techniques are also used in offices and workplaces around the world to attract great wealth and good fortune through sound business feng shui principles?
In fact, in Hong Kong, feng shui practices are heavily enforced through the very building and construction of a business and it's premises, to the day to day runnings of business in the workplace, office and meeting rooms. From billionaire Asian business tycoons to the Bank of China to small family owned stores, business feng shui practices are implemented to help acquire greater wealth, fortune, health and happiness. So maybe it's time that you put some sound business feng shui into action in your workplace to help you get that raise, bring in more customers, increase your profits or just work better.
Take a look at these business feng shui tips to help point you in the right direction towards greater luck energy in your work life.
- Make sure that you always sit with a solid wall behind you to represent support and strength in your life. You should sit so that you're in full view of the rooms main entrance and windows for optimal business feng shui placement.
- Office furniture, desks, tables or shelves should all have rounded corners, or even better be round in shape. Straight edged or sharp corners will cut chi and destroy the flow through your space, ultimately creating "sha chi" or negative chi.
- The same principles can be applied to plants in your business feng shui space, make sure that they are softer edged plants and don't have sharp or spike-like leaves, commonly known as poison arrows.
- Don't place empty boxes, or even an empty vase near the main door. As new chi enters the office, it will be sucked into the empty spaces leaving nothing left for the rest of the environment. The idea is to attract sheng chi (good energy) and keep it circulating freely in your environment for maximum benefit.
- Using the Bagua map (find one on my website), determine your area or wealth of future wealth area and place items like the fax machine, telephone and computers in this area to attract more business.
- If you're a shop owner, place the till register or even the petty cash container in the wealth area. Your order books should also be placed here, along with 3 ancient gold Chinese coins held together with red strong or ribbon stuck on top of them to attract more money to the business.
- Keep your desk surface clean and clutter free as it is symbolic of your state of mind, tidy desk is a tidy mind, working better will result. The same can be said for the workplace or office in general, clutter is enemy number one not only in business but everywhere. Clear the clutter first to avoid any blockages of energy flow in the area.
- Use mirrors help to create more light which represents the water element, and the space will become more soothing. Southeast, East and North are the best feng shui places for mirrors according to the bagua map.
- Placing a mirrors next to your cash register or order book will symbolically double what's reflected, so your profit and orders will increase, or even your wage packet!
- Be careful not to reflect the main entrance to your space in any mirrors as it will act as a way for the energy to leave you, having the reverse effect which is probably worse than having the mirror there at all. Be weary of what's reflected in all your mirrors and be sure the reflections are only of positive symbols and objects, so that you receive more of them.
Follow these quick business feng shui tips to allow you, your office, company or workplace to benefit from greater balanced energy and help attract to you more of what you want whether that's a clearer work focus, more profits or greater wealth luck!
Autor: Lin Mai
Added: January 7, 2010