Feng shui (traditional Chinese: 風水; simplified Chinese: 风水; pinyin: fēng shuǐ; pronounced /ˈfəŋˌʃueɪ/ foong-shoy in Chinese Mandarin, "fheng-schway" in American English) is an ancient Chinese system of aesthetics believed to utilize the Laws of both heaven (astronomy) and Earth (geography) to help one improve life by receiving positive Qi. The original designation for the discipline is Kan Yu (traditional Chinese: 堪輿; simplified Chinese: 堪舆; pinyin: kānyú; literally: Tao of heaven and earth).

The words feng shui literally translate as "wind-water" in English. This is a cultural shorthand taken from the following passage of the Zhangshu (Book of Burial) by Guo Pu of the Jin Dynasty:

Qi rides the wind and scatters, but is retained when encountering water.

Traditional Feng Shui practice always requires an extremely accurate Chinese compass, or Luo Pan, in order to determine the directions in finding any auspicious sector in a desired location.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Chi'Qi Little Story About the Benefits of Feng Shui!

Recently I was driving across deepest Dartmoor in the pouring rain, when my co-pilot, Charlie, for the third time opened the broken passenger window, despite having been told twice to leave it shut. Seeing as he'd only opened it a crack, I thought I'd relax and stop worrying. Then came an almighty crash. We screamed thinking a Dartmoor boulder had flung itself into the car, taking out the window on its way. But no. My nagging about the dodgy window had been justified, as it had now vanished.

As always, these things happen in a blinding flash, and before I knew it I'd pulled into a little car park. We'd heard no shattering glass, so assumed the window had dropped into the door. We were right. Deep in my passenger door was my passenger window, which was obviously not going to keep my passenger dry all the way back to Totnes, nor protect me from the storms on my way back up to Glastonbury. After failing to find a screwdriver in my car, I thought my only option was to drive back to Totnes to get it fixed. It sounded wet... and expensive.

Then they appeared. Like two black swans out of the river Dart, except clad in rubber and carrying canoes.

Wow. Thank-you Spirit! Walking towards me (okay, they were walking towards their car but I was in front of their car so it looked like they were walking towards me) were two fabulously gorgeous young men. Me, always happy to play the damsel in distress, went skipping towards them. "Hello! You don't happen to have a screwdriver do you?" Of course they did. Not only did they have a screwdriver furrowed away in their rubber, but they happily spent the next 20 minutes in the pouring rain fixing my car window. It was quite something to behold. Charlie's Angels. Three lovely guys (yes, I've included Charlie, who, although being the reason we were stuck in the first place, is also lovely) valiantly taking apart, and then re-assembling, my car door.

So beneath the delightful appearances, what was really going on here? I was experiencing the rewards of having cultivated my energy body in certain ways. My life, through this situation, was reflecting back at me the presence of an energy within me; my helpful people qi.

In Feng Shui, helpful people qi, or chi, is one of the eight life energies flowing to us from the compass directions.

How much of it we have dictates how fortunate we are in meeting the right people, getting the support we need, or, in my case, being rescued (in style!) in the middle of Dartmoor in the pouring rain.

There was a time in my life when I didn't know these life energies existed, let alone realising I could actually do things to increase their flow in my life. That was five years ago. Since then, I've been steadily developing my energy awareness - experiencing first hand the magic that comes from living a life turned towards deepening ones perception of these life energies.

The changes this new awareness brought about in my life were so profound I went on to work with individuals, in their personal lives as well as their homes, helping them to become aware of these life energies.

Each of us has our share of troubles to deal with and talents to delight in, but more often than not the troubles dampen down the talents, and we find ourselves spending more energy fighting than we do flowing. The reasons for this are many, perhaps our financial situation keeps us stuck, or a difficult relationship demands our attention - but whatever the external cause, there's always something going on with our energy that we can fix. And once we turn our attention to healing ourselves (and our home environment) we find that the external stuff, often rather magically, sorts itself out.

Next time you get stuck, metaphorically (in your relationships or your career) or literally (when you're out and about) take a moment to reflect on what your life is showing you. Do you feel like you're fighting against things? Why not try sitting quietly whilst holding the problem lightly in your awareness, and see if you notice something that needs changing. There's always something - it just takes a quiet mind and a willingness to find out to work out what that thing is! Good luck, and if you get really stuck, you can always call me for some help!



Autor: Natalie Fee Natalie Fee
Level: Basic
Natalie Fee, aka The Everyday Alchemist , is a writer, healer and mother living in Glastonbury, UK. With a background in yoga, feng shui and energy ... ...

Natalie Fee, aka The Everyday Alchemist, is a writer, healer and mother living in Glastonbury, UK. With a background in yoga, feng shui and energy work, Natalie runs a practice from her home, as well as helping people around the world bring more Spirit into their daily lives the world through her online Everyday Alchemy consultations. Her website has lots of free, inspirational articles and poetry - as well as two complete series of the Empowerment Show for you to listen to! Send her an email mentioning this article and she'll send you a free e-book too. Visit http://www.everydayalchemist.com to see more.

For Energywear, Energy Eggs and Pendulums: http://www.everydayalchemist.com/#get-life-tools/index.php

"I firmly believe that the Everyday Alchemist practices that I have been doing are bringing me nearer to the path that I am meant to walk." DW, Tenerife
"I just read your column and just wanted to say how inspirational it is. I am a busy mother to 5 children and need the insight and wisdom you have!" MO, U.K.
"Thanks for all the work you have done for me, I feel great! The exercises are really powerful -- I feel grounded, more at peace and have a sense of amazing inner strength" AK, U.K.


Added: July 11, 2009
Source: http://ezinearticles.com/

0 Comments: